Olympia School District Board of Directors
Attendance Line Phone Number
Please call 360-596-6403 to leave messages if your child will be absent or tardy.
Options Community Council Website
There is more information about Lincoln Options and how families can support our students on our Options Community Council website, lincolnoptions.org.
Elementary schools on half day schedule March 28-31
Elementary schools are on a half day schedule for conferences this week, March 28-31. Elementary school buses will run on a half-day schedule on these days.
The Options Program at Lincoln School offers an alternative approach to elementary education that is a choice for students in the Lincoln Service Area and from the Olympia School District. The program provides a unified model for grades K-5 that respects how children learn and views learning as a collaborative effort of staff, students and parents.
The Options Program
- The emotional and social growth of children and academic progress are equally valued and developed in an environment where differences and diversity are appreciated and respected.
- Children stay with the same teacher in multi-age classrooms for two years or more to support their learning and strengthen family school relationships.
- The curriculum is organized around concepts and themes rather than as a series of separate subjects. A variety of experiences acknowledging the many forms of intelligence encourage individual initiative and cooperative learning.
- Multiple intelligences, cooperation, social justice and sustainability are taught and practiced.
- Parents are vital to sustaining the Options Program and are involved in governance, as partners supporting learning in the classroom, enrichment activities, field trips, fund raising, and social events.
- The Options classroom provides a developmentally-based curriculum that takes children from where they are "in total" and gives them opportunities and equipment to move forward at their own rates (in areas of their specific interest), enabling them to acquire life support skills (the basic education) in the process.